Sunday, January 17, 2010

Have you ever thought about how awesome you might look with Angelina Jolie's lips?


Have you ever thought about how awesome you might look with Angelina Jolie's lips? Or Daniel Craig's chin? Or Alexander Skarsgaard's piercing grey eyes? (They're just like the sky after a storm...)

Well, someone across the pond with way too much time on their hands has taken it one step farther--to developing the "Most Attractive British Man" by combining the best features of the most attractive Brits. I read a post about it a while ago, and when something similar came up in our talks about our obsession with beauty and self-image during "Corpus" rehearsal, I realized I had to share.

So here we have a "composite sketch based on answers to poll questions about the most desirable features of famous British men to create a picture of the 'ultimate British male.' In the end, they utilized Hugh Grant's hair, Daniel Craig's eyes, Orlando Bloom's nose, rugby player Jonny Wilkinson's mouth, racecar driver Lewis Hamilton's skin, and Ewan McGregor's jaw."

And the result?

Well, personally, I am a little disappointed. And slightly TERRIFIED that this plastic creature might somehow find its way to Brooklyn and find me next time I'm walking home from the F-train in the dark.

No, no--I know he's not really that bad, and if he were not clearly synthetic, I would not be so down on him. But it's fascinating to me that this might be something that people aspire to. We try to improve upon the looks of six very attractive men (again, begging the question: WHY?), and end up with a veritable Frankenstein's Monster. Isn't there some saying about liking people for their attractive qualities but loving them for their flaws?

And now I'm just babbling.

(Text and photos from towleroad.com. )

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I don't know why, but I love these kinds of composite photos. It reminds me of that old Conan O'Brien schtick when they predicted celebrity babies! Remember? When I first glanced at this photo, I totally thought of Hugh Grant. Funny how it was just his hair that was used and what a strong 'feature' it turned out to me. The fictional man isn't so bad looking, I guess - just has slightly-too-large shoulders....

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... and his lips are weird!!!!

    i think i've reached the point where i'm not sure what's attractive or not anymore ! I sit on the train and look around and to me everyone is both attractive and not attractive at the same time!!

    ugh maybe the stress is getting to me? :) :)

    ReplyDelete